Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pictures of My Boat

I thought I'd post a couple pics of what the finished product of the boat project will be. The first picture is a tricked out version of the Teal, the boat I'm going to try first. Mine wont have the boom out front or the fancy woodwork on top, but aint she pretty? The second picture is the Gypsy, which I might try next, depending on how the first build goes. Last but not least is the Goat Island Skiff, an absolutely beautiful (and simple) plywood boat.


 
Note that I shamefully stole these pictures from the web, they aren't mine.

4 comments:

  1. I can see you putting about in one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is your first boat building project, I would highly suggest the Goat Island Skiff. I'm impartial, because I'm building one myself (see my blog) but it would be very difficult to get more bang for you buck. Stable, fast, roomy, easy to build, relatively cheap, and with great online support from many various building blogs, the designer himself, etc. Not to mention, mega-beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and whatever boat you do end up starting, good luck, and have fun! More than boat choice, having fun is the most important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go with the Goat! Like Callsign I'm also building a Goat Island Skiff. Awesome boat with great looks and performance to match. Oh, and easy to build as well :)

    ReplyDelete