Thursday, January 28, 2010

OW/G Project


This was mentioned briefly in the recent Rock, Paper, Shotgun post about how to afford that pricey $15 dollar indie game, an amusing instructional series of graphics put together Michael Lee. Michael's goal for 2010 is to put together a game every week for a year. He's not the first to push toward rapid prototyping and experimentation. He mentions the Experimental Gameplay Project, and Kloonigames comes to mind as well. But Michael's plan to keep this up for a full year is certainly the most ambitious goal I've ever heard from a rapid prototyper.

Fortunately Mr. Lee knows how to make games fast, as evidenced by his entry for one of the recent Ludum Dare competitions. That image above is from his entry, Into the Pit. I was lucky enough to meet Michael unexpectedly at GDC Austin this past year after I mentioned I would be at the Cartoon Network booth on the TIGsource boards. While I didn't expect anyone to show, Michael did, and I made just about my first indie gamer contact. I've bookmarked his OW/G blog and I'm looking forward to the games that come out of this effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment