Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Header

For the two people I know of who check out this page with any regularity (Mom, Dad, I'm talking 'bout you), you may have noticed I changed the header. Woohoo pixels. My original intention was to change the header every week, but I realize I won't have time for that. Instead I'm aiming at once a month, with something special for holidays if I remember. My ladylove won't let me forget Valentines, so I'll probably have a special one then.

So why pixel art? It's a 'less is more' thing, and it's turning into a bit of a theory about game art and game design, but the half-chewed thought bits haven't really digested yet. From where I'm sitting there's more power, maybe even more possibility for connection, with characters and environments given the most minimalist presentation that still makes it clear what's what.

More on that in the next full length post. For now, enjoy the climbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment